anime - amatsuki - smile - summer

Hailstorm: Update

Okay so it turns out that a large number of homes/offices/campuses in Austin had a) windows shatter from the hailstones at 60 mile winds and b) power outages.

Oh and lots of fallen trees - on roads and cars.

I can hear someone sawing the tree just outside that's blocking the exit to the open parking lot for the building. A tree which fell on the spot I used to park at O_O Definitely glad I don't own that SUV...

I can't tell how much damage there is to my car since I can't get to it.

While some areas still dont have power, mine came back on earlier and I was able to pin and tape a large piece of cloth across the broken window. Luckily, I placed an extra blanket under the bed cover for extra cushioning so I doubt any glass got to the mattress itself. Getting a new window pane may take a while though since most homes are in need of glass, including people who live at ground level >_>

Living on the second floor totally wins.

Am walking around with sandals on and prob won't be sleeping on the bed tonight until I'm sure all the glass pieces are gone - definitely need to sweep & vacuum.

SURIVED \o/ - and only just slightly traumatized XD

Though it's times like this that I miss Dubai. Sure, it's blistering hot but you can be sure its sunny 99% of the whole frickin' year. The other 1% is light rains and sand storms, and sand doesn't really cause this kind of damage >_<

♥ After last night's craziness, reading all your messages made me want to... well - *GIANT HUG*

Just glad that most friends live way off campus or are on vacation already. Even my sis is in Atlanta at the moment - so its almost situation: normal now, except for a hole in the wall.


Wow, I am glad you are ok, tho it sounds not fun to have to deal with all that stuff now, especially in the midst of what everyone else is having to deal with (windows blown out, cars wrecked, all that stuff). I hope everything gets sorted soon and with a minimum of fuss.

I have to admit I've never had to deal with anything like that, so I'm at a loss with helpful advice....

Yeah, one of the things I love about texas is that it's actually similar to dubai weather-wise or atleast it's doesn't get snowy like the northern states. This was the first time something like this occured and I'm jus happy that it was in the home with the smallest windows XD My previous apartment had GIANT windows and this would have been a disaster.

(Definitely get you - I'm still O_O since this stuff usually happens to *other* peeps - never to me)
Yeah, I've seen the aftermath of things like that in my own hometown but it always hit 'other' places, not where we lived. (my sister stays in my parents' house now; she was going to buy it after my parents retired to BC but nobody will give her a mortgage so I dunno what's up with that...) I hope it's not the start of something...*knocks wood*

Here it's still damned hot and I'm pretty much at my wits' end. 2 fans and the windows and doors wide open and I'm still dying. I hate summer...and it's not even here yet. @.@ (yeah, I come from snowy Canada, you can tell roflmao)