1. How long have you been in the HP Fandom, and in H/D specifically?
I've been reading HP fanfics since before GoF (the book) got released, which was 1999/2000 - however, at that time I read Draco/Hermione. It wasn't until I stumbled onto Unthinkable Thoughts by Aidan Lynch in 2001, that I got into H/D. Active participation in fandom started in mid/late 2005 I think - yeah, always been a major lurker.
2. Do you prefer one-shots or chaptered fics? Or do you have no preference?
I prefer long fic, something I can really sink my teeth into. It doesn't matter if it's a one shot or chaptered but nowadays, if its chaptered, I won't read it unless its complete and no longer a WIP.
3. What are you favorite genres of fics (fluff, angst, smut, humor, etc)?
I'll read anything that really, really works. Though I wish there were more decent AU fanfics in fandom or fics with fractured fairytale themes.
4. What's the highest rating of fic you'll read?
R/NC-17 - or if you need an example, fanfics by calanthe_fics XD
5. Are there things you'd prefer not to read (non-con, torture, crack, deathfic, epilogue-compliant)?
Death!fic, when the male is turned into a girl, watersports, poorly done minor AS/S pairing in a H/D fic (especially when they're automatic BFFs), poor characterization or easy development of H/D especially when it's not crack
6. Are there things you WILL NOT read, no matter what?
7. How do you feel about fics where the boys are with different partners for part of the fic?
Absolutely fine, but by the end of the fic I would like some measure of hope that there is the possibility of H/D.
8. Would you prefer the group to focus on classics, new fic, or a mix of both?
9. What are you hoping for from this group?
Discussion with honest opinions and decent recs? I'd love to see peeps compare themes in different stories and point out similarities and differences too :)
10. Do you have any concerns about what might happen in this group? How would you like to see the mods handle these sorts of issues?
Wankiness when peeps say things that sound like border-line flames and on the other side, people jumping on others for hating a fic they adored. Probably unlikely but *shrugs*
11. Tell us your five favorite h/d fics and a quick idea of why you like them
Wow, this was probably the fastest answer XD
1) A Thousand Beautiful Things by geoviki (my ultimate H/D classic...probably for all time, lol)
2) If You've a Ready Mind by sarahtales (AU fic done right. I don't know how many times I've reread this)
3) Homecoming by novembersnow (recced here and reviewed here)
4) The Business of Saving Souls by rurounihime (recced here)
5) The Years that Walk Between by femmequixotic (recced here)