I was half inclined to type DON'T PANIC in large friendly letters but figured people would miss the Hitchhiker's Guide reference
Steps towards DW for me...
- Import my entries and begin crossposting- this weekend probably
- Make a post for introductions + giving access to those who comment after subscribing/granting access (will be opt-in)
Edit: Make an flocked (and not crossposted) entry on LJ for friends to pass along their DW names and to opt in for access if interested.
- Start subscribing to LJ flisters with DW accounts
- Filter out friends who are crossposting to DW from the Default View on LJ - ultimately the idea is to funnel all posts being read, onto the DW reading list and to prevent the dreaded doublepost across both the LJ flist and the DW reading list.
- Set up reading filters for media/icon comms and comms of certain fandoms so default reading view on DW is just personal journals
- If people don't start posting on DW by mid May, see about getting their LJ posts over to DW and unsubscribe from any empty DW accounts
- Do access filter(s), if needed.
Hope to be all settled in by mid-May :3