I went to the Metromall in Burnaby this weekend to get two sets of shoes/boots, jeans and jackets since I've been cold and wet running around here (half my wardrobe is formal wear and most of the rest is summer stuff ^^)
I find it interesting that black/brown/grey is the normal wardrobe palete here and most people at the mall wear exactly the same type of stuff: jeans/leggings, sneakers/boots, shirt and a jacket/coat. Maybe its just 'cause I'm new so I'm noticing crap I never normally pay attention to XD
Though both my new jackets are colored: one is a dusty rose and hip length (so more of a light trench coat) and the other is a darkish apple green (and water resistant). It's 'cause I almost got run over by a car two weeks ago (was wearing my standard black!clothing, it was raining and dark and the car was doing a fast left turn)
But I still like this city a lot :D I'll be heading to Richmond with some new friends next weekend and it's interesting finding out how things are done over here when compared to the states and asia. Oh and the peeps I'm living with are awesome too!
Still can't figure out the organization of Superstore though - why on earth would plastic bags be located with the pet food? I'm forever asking employees for guidance >_>
Anyway, happy belated new year guys!
 On a completely different note, fandomy stuff I'm looking forward to for 2010:
- Art by: red_rahl, lira_alicia, jdillon, ds_hina, virus_ac74, yooani and pokefreak
- Ficlets: rykaine and aggybird
- Fic: snegurochka_lee and femmequixotic
- Icons: lemonpunch, slodwick and dharmavati (who actually sent them over today <3 <3)
 Thanks to freece's request for m/m recs in her latest post, I have a list of fics to check out - not sure where to start though so if y'all liked any of these listed bellow, would love to know!
- Get Some by hackthis
- Running Far Afield by libby_drew (I might have read it a long time ago but not sure ^^)
- Outlands by maldoror_gw (might have tried this out but again, not sure ^^)
- W2's Shousetsu Bang*Bang submissions
- The webcomic Friendly Hostility
- 100 Candles
- Original slash fiction on Twisted Hilarity
- Human Condition by Jayne Finn
- An Angel In Hollywood and Hearth-Devil from over here
- Fictionpress stories: Bad Luck, The Sandman's Kiss, The Poisoner's Ring, The Seventh Veil, With Intent, Hives, The Violet & The Tom, A,B,C and D, Mascara, Love Bites, Disenchanted, Like That and The Black Book Index
 Earlier this week though, I was on a Naruto!fanfic high, thanks to this reclist by questofdreams - forgot how much I adore seeing Naruto and Sasuke together *hearts* Still have more fics to go through...but not enough time ;_;
 If y'all are used to getting your drama fix from Aja-Aja, it's worth checking am-addiction's forums for shows now that AA is closed.
 Random stuff I've enjoyed these past few weeks: The Breaker (manga), Ben 10 Alien Force, Wolf Guy (manga), Komatta Toki... (caught up with the latest scanlation), The Good Wife, One Piece (manga), Skip Beat (Manga), Final Fantasy 12 (just the video sequence of it LOLOL)
 Starbuck's Double Chocolaty Chip Frappacino is EVIL and addictive D: Why the heck am I going to the store more often now that I'm OUT of the states? And the thing is super!calor-ific (new word for yummy looking food that is sure to be high on the calorie count >_>) WHY IS THE SMALLEST SIZE A "TALL"??? They just skip small and medium portions entirely *facepalm*
 Note to self: check out the cartoon Cybersix that halcyonjazz pimped at some point.
 Does anyone know any good apps for backing data on the Android OS? I got the HTC Dream just two/three weeks ago but now Rogers wants me to update the software which means losing all the info I put on the mobile since then D: There's gotta be an easy way to back it all up *lives in hope*