While I tend to lean towards male protagonist novels, I did post a pinterest board for Female Protagonist Fantasy Novels for my sis (if anyone's interested) - also, if y'all would like invites to the site, just drop me a line.
Recent stuff enjoyed:
- Legend of Korra pilot: the new Avatar series is fantabulous. I especially love how they introduced the newer elements to the world [like...](Republic city, metal benders. Iman etc. and particularly the musical score - I want to get my hands on all that wonderful music, oh god. I admit I'm hoping we get to see old!Toph at some point in the future XD [korra seems to have...] Korra seems to have definite elements of Sokka with a bit of Toph's kick ass awesome too.
The weakest link: I felt the voice actress for Korra could have had more nuance - her delivery of several lines through the pilot felt rather flat.However, the same applied to the original show too, and everyone improved as the series went on :D Still, can't help but wonder how it might have sounded if someone like Azula's VA or Mary Jane's VA (from the Amazing Spider-man cartoon) had the lead role instead... *runs off to watch episode 2*
- The Whitefire Crossing: it was barely a hop, skip and a jump to end up slashing Dev/Kiran through the novel. And Dev being a hot POC character has me all \o\o/o/
- Cinder: excellent world building and I'm intertested in seeing if and how Kai and Cinder's relationship progresses through the books - though I do get that it's more Cinder's journey and growth that's the focus really XD I absolutely adore original adaptations of myths and fairytales and this novel does it brilliantly. Can't wait for the sequel!
- Trailers: Amazing Spider-man | Prometheus | The Avengers | Snow White & The Huntsman | Jack the Giant Killer
- Have mostly caught up with the Naruto manga and I adored the development with the Nine Tails, Minato and Kushina's backstory (the anime episodes had me crying and smiling and crying from the awesome) and Sasuke and Itachi lately...
- The second Sherlock movie was super fun but I found myself far more shippy with the second season of the Sherlock TV series. It's Benedict Cumberbatch's fault. I do want fanfic recs now but have no idea where to start ;_;
 Season 3 of Community is a bit of a mixed bag for me - Britta definitely has her shining moments but I'm not getting enough Annie and the latest twist with Troy and Abed has me worried >_>
 Next month has the potential to be FABULOUS since two things are scheduled to go up: my gen art commish from pokefreak of Zuko and Toph (and Iroh) and my H/D livelongnmarry high fantasy H/D fic from femmequixotic (which y'all might remember from the commish done by samurai-pet here)
still want futuristic!Draco-on-a-hovercraft fic someday tho *grabby hands*